Click here to read about the program in Chinese
Hutong School offers a Summer program in Shanghai for current Chinese teachers, who would like to brush up on their skills and share experiences. You will be trained by our experienced teachers for 2 weeks in a mix of language and culture classes as well as participating in different cultural activities.
The program is aimed at teachers with previous experience in teaching Chinese as a foreign language. It consists of 40 hours teacher training course, 4 hours/day for 10 course days. These lessons are split into:
- 20 hours focused on the teaching methodology for teachers of Chinese as a foreign language
- 20 hours of high level conversational classes to help non-native Chinese teachers stay up to speed with their Chinese. Special focus will be given on topics of modern China
Also included in the program are the following:
- Day trip excursion to a Chinese water town
- Four cultural activities (e.g. cooking class, modern Chinese board games, tea tasting...)
- Participation in all other cultural activities organized for Hutong School program participants
Services NOT included in the program:
- Meals, except when part of an activity
- Accommodation (see below)
Mandarin teachers with minimum 2 years of experience who wish to upgrade their knowledge of Mandarin teaching methodology and increase their knowledge of various recent topics of Chinese modern society.
Accommodation is optional and needs to be organized by the participants themselves. Hutong School has some options available in shared accommodation for the special rate of 20 EUR per night, and some hotel suggestions.
The price of the program is 980€
The duration of the program is 2 weeks and will be held from Monday 6th until Friday 17th of August 2018
See also our flexible Chinese teacher training program which you can take outside of Summer