Summer Camp in Beijing
Do you have a teenage child aged 14-17? Provide them with an experience they will remember forever. Young students will be immersed into the Chinese language and culture in our camp whilst making new friends from all over the world. They will have fun, improve their level of Chinese and will learn about a new culture in a safe environment under the supervision of our staff.
We combine Chinese classes with a broad choice of cultural activities so that our students get the most out of their stay in China.
The students will return home more self-assured and with new knowledge of the language and culture.
Download the detailed program for details about the curriculum.
The comfort and well-being of our students is very important to us. We will be there to support and supervise them during their entire stay in China.
Leaving home and going to China can be a daunting and difficult task, but we do all we can to make our students feel at home even far away from home.
Our team is always there for you if you need anything: a supervisor accompanies the students throughout the entire stay.
Also there will be an interpreter available who will resolve any issues in language and cultural communication to make the trip as smooth as possible.
Hutong School's innovative teaching method is especially suitable for Western students: the main focus is on speaking in day-to-day situations and practicing what was already learned so that the students start to communicate in real life:
· Small groups (10 students max.)
· Students are divided into groups according to their Chinese level
· Schedule: Monday to Friday from 9:00 till 12:00
· Each class lasts 50 minutes followed by a 10 minute break
Trips and Cultural Activities
During the summer camp our students will partake in 18 different activities:
· Trips to historical and tourist sights of Beijing (The Great Wall, Summer Palace and others)
· Lectures about life, studying and working in China
· Cultural activities organized by the school (Chinese opera, calligraphy etc.) to give you a broad understanding of Chinese history and culture.
· Accommodation in a modern youth hostel
· Located in the hutongs center of Dongxi district
· Food is included: breakfast, lunch and dinner
· Transport in China: transfer from and to the airport, on trips, etc.
· June 11th - June 25th
· July 9th - July 23rd
· August 6th - August 20th
*Are you the organizer of a group tour? We can customize date and program to fit your group, and provide you with an exclusive experience in China!
Students can apply both on their own and in a group:
· For groups of 5 people or more we offer a discount of 5%.
· For groups of 10 people or more we offer a discount of 10%.
The price includes:
· City transport during the stay and transfer to and from the airport in China
· Free entrance to museums and other places of interest
· Chinese classes (30 group hours or 20 private classes)
· Activities organized by the school
· Organizational support and interpreter during the whole stay
· Medical insurance
There's nothing to wait for! Spend the summer in China!
Download the brochure in the following language: