General Internship Information
- Business Area: Marketing
- Location: Beijing
- Duration: 3 months - 6 months
- Allowance: 0.00 CNY
- Other benefits:
- Reference: 826
There is a wealth of diverse and interesting people who stay at this guesthouse, whose ideas and stories we would like to collect and share. As the media intern, you will have the opportunity to build an online global community of people to share their stories and ideas, and at the same time share our own stories and updates from the guesthouse. By maintaining our online presence through our website and social media platforms, you will support the guesthouse in staying connected.
Daily tasks (including, but not limited to)
- updating and keeping up with social media
- updating website and writing blog posts
- working closely with the Marketing team
- organizing social media events (i.e. photo contest) — to maintain an online presence and connection with past, present and future guests of the guesthouse
- support in daily operations if needed (i.e. guest relations)
- familiar with Chinese and international social media platforms
- creative writing skills a plus (blog posts should be engaging and written from the perspective of the guesthouse)
- an open mind and willingness to learn
- interest in Chinese culture and sustainable living
- fluent in English and basic Chinese
- strong interpersonal skills — involves a lot of interaction with Chinese and international guests
What this internship offers you
- firsthand experience of living in a rural Chinese village
- opportunity to be part of a startup organization where your voice will be heard and have an impact on our organization’s growth
- acquire skills in the tourism and hospitality industry
- room to develop your own ideas (both guesthouse and non-guesthouse related) — we encourage creativity and love new ideas!!
- to work closely with a team that will support you in carrying out your ideas
- travel opportunities / site visits
- 50 RMB allowance per day with meals, lodging and transportation provided during work days
- Part-time position: Must be able to stay in the guesthouse at least 6 nights per month.
-Full-time position: Must be able to live at the guesthouse for at least 3 months (with 4 non-weekend days off, i.e. Sunday through Thursday)
- required training period of one week. During this week the intern will stay at the guesthouse to get familiarized with the guesthouse and what they do.
This company is a five-room guesthouse refurnished from a traditional Chinese
courtyard in Sanduhe Village of Huairou District, just 5km from Mutianyu Great Wall.
More than just a lodging, they are a social enterprise with a unique organizational
philosophy built on the concepts of 和 and 意. 和 or ”hé” ＝ balance | 意 or “yì” = meaningfulness
They seek balance (和) between mother nature and human beings, embodied in every
aspect of teh guesthouse from food to architecture to how they operate their business. In their
meals they balance “yin” foods with “yang” ingredients to nourish theri bodies; in their
guest rooms they balance comfort and simplicity while preserving the authenticity of their
space; in their yard they balance nature with functionality; and while the guesthouse’s staff is
committed to creating a welcoming and relaxing environment, they encourage guests to
be independent from helping themselves to beverages to clearing their own used
dishes, and therefore truly feel at home away from home.
意 (yì) is a concept that can only be understood by experience, and is the driving force
behind how the guesthouse operates. As a lodging, they try to foster an environment in which staff
and guests feel balance (和) during their stay. As a social enterprise, they aim to involve
and to give back to their community, as well as to protect the natural environment. They
do so in various ways such as growing their own food or sourcing them locally, upcycling
building materials, hiring local staff and offering a free bi-monthly cooking workshop.