Marketing and Communications
General Internship Information
- Business Area: NGO
- Location: Beijing
- Duration: 3 months - 6 months
- Allowance: 0.00 CNY
- Other benefits:
- Reference: 428
- Develop and implement the company’s marketing and public relations strategy;
- Design a branding strategy that builds recognition of the company both within the NGO movement and in the larger community;
- Build and maintain social media presences on Facebook, Douban, and Weibo;
- Write and prepare weekly bi-lingual e-newsletters using MailChimp;
- Deepen and broaden the company’s mailing list (1000 subscribers);
- Write the company’s monthly internal newsletter for tenants and guests;
- Write blogs and stories;
- Develop posters, e-mails, graphics, print materials, etc... to promote key events, workshops and the company’s work;
- Determine collateral required for events and working with the Graphic Designer to prepare cool materials;
- Explore new ways to engage and involve the community;
- Work with various media channels to promote the company;
- Connect people and ideas;
- Build social networks;
- Capture and tell stories;
- Create a culture of openness and sharing
- Past non-profit marketing strategy and communications experience is a plus
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, as well as a passion for social issues;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships through virtual communication as well as in-person meetings;
- Experience in planning, leading, and managing projects, as well as reporting on progress;
- Proficient in Microsoft, Google products, social media platforms, WordPress, and MailChimp.
- Intermediate Chinese level or higher is required;
- Excellent oral and written English;
- Interpersonal communication skills with strong writing and editorial abilities in English and/or Chinese (preferably both);
- Ability to work, collaborate, and communicate with a remote team;
- Multi-tasking capacity;
- Enthusiasm and energy;
- Low-stress attitude;
- Familiarity with Beijing’s social mission sector
- This company is looking for an extraordinary individual who can bring solid communication skills, marketing savvy, web engagement experience, and a sense of style and creativity to the job.
- This position needs a minimum commitment of 3 days per week
- The position offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to be part of a new concept in shared work and activity space for the social mission sector, meeting tons of amazing people and applying their skills to positive social change throughout the city.
- The company is looking for someone who recognizes the value of this role and understands how convening community contributes to social change!
This is a recently registered social enterprise with a mission to spark dialogue and connect people who want to make a positive impact in the world. We do this by providing shared space to social mission groups, acting as a community center for NGOs and people interested in social issues as well as by providing a platform for communication and exchange of ideas through our workshops/events/book lending.