Writing and project management intern
General Internship Information
- Business Area: Journalism & Media
- Location: Beijing
- Duration: 2 months - 6 months
- Allowance: 1,000.00 CNY
- Other benefits:
- Reference: 671
The Writing Intern’s tasks will mainly consist of researching and writing about destinations for travel in China. The research will start at the office in order to prepare for the trip, and further research done during the actual travel to the concerning destination. Afterwards, the research results may be published.
- Conduct preliminary research on different travel destinations within Beijing
- Visit various tourist destinations around China
- Write about the different destinations after visiting them
- Publish research findings onto company website
- Source content from other writers and upload it onto the company website
Interns may also be asked to work on small projects such as writing business and travel plans and conducting research with a crowd funding focus.
- Strong research and written communication skills
- Major related to culture, history and/or writing preferred
- Interest in travel and tourism, especially within the China region
- Love of travel
- Interest in China and Chinese culture
- Basic Chinese language skills required
- Able to work independently
- Outgoing personality
- Native English speaker
- Travel to other cities may be required – costs will be covered by the company
- Possibility to contribute writing to the company’s travel books if both parties are interested
- May be asked to provide writing samples before being accepted for internship
- Great chance to work in a Chinese team and learn about the Chinese style of business.
This company runs a website on which China-related articles are published frequently. The company attempts to bridge gaps and distortions of media representation on China news by writing about politics, economy and Chinese culture. Additionally, the company publishes books about travelling in China, mainly focusing on destinations that are 'off the beaten path'.