Program and Events Manager Intern
General Internship Information
- Business Area: NGO
- Location: Beijing
- Duration: 4 months - 6 months
- Allowance: 0.00 CNY
- Other benefits:
- Reference: 279
You will support the Associate (Events and Programs) and the Executive Director to host conferences, events and programs in China, Singapore and Myanmar with the aim to empower ambitious women to succeed in impacting the most pressing social and environmental challenges of our time through support, resources and access to an unrivaled community. You will contribute to the idea generation, project planning and execution of different events from small to large scale.
The two core programs you will be working on are:
- Social Innovation Academies: A bespoke social innovation program that equips women with the confidence, skills and community to act upon their passions to address societal challenges in the 21st century. Most importantly, it challenges them to apply these newly developed skills and knowledge to a real-‐world challenge provided by a social enterprise.
- Women in Social Enterprise Conference: Each year some of the brightest women from the social, private and public sector convene for a full day of discussions and workshops. The conference provides an inspiring and safe place for women to think big, to explore ideas for social change and to build a supportive network, collaboratively implementing and scaling entrepreneurial approaches and innovative solutions to the most pressing social and environmental challenges of today.
- Organize Women in Social Enterprises conferences in 2013-‐2014 across China, and in collaboration with our international partners incl. Singapore and Myanmar
- Research and engage partners incl. NGOs, Media and companies
- Delegate marketing and promotion incl. social media and partner outreach o Registration Management
- Identifying and securing speakers or special guests
- Logistics incl. venue, catering
- Translating documents (English-‐ Chinese) and assisting in the communication with Chinese and international partners.
They do not look at whether you graduated from the most prestigious university or worked with the most prestigious organizations before us. They are looking for someone who is a doer. Someone who takes a task and runs with it. Who gets work done.
- Experience of coordinating, scheduling and planning events and/or marketing/social media incl. weibo/ tudou etc.
- Customer focused: you go beyond expectations to not just satisfy our clients but to make them fans for life!
- Able to work independently with little supervision with ability to prioritize and handle several projects at one time
- Very organized and efficient, with critical attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a small, fast-‐paced and international environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and/or Chinese
￼- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends is necessary
- A good sense of humor won’t hurt either
Preferred skills/ knowledge
- Informed about social entrepreneurship and social innovation
By interning at this organization, you will be able to build your own editorial portfolio for your future career and impact the organization’s mission to inspire and support social entrepreneurs.
It will be a very good opportunity to develop valuable professional skills including project management and communication, to see your ideas and contributions implemented and to build a broad international business professional network.
The organization is dedicated to build an entrepreneurial ecosystem that inspires and accelerates social entrepreneurs who have the potential to significantly address social and environmental challenges. With a track record of managing regional and national projects in Asia through multi-stakeholder collaborations this organization has the ability to connect and accelerate social entrepreneurs.