Business Development Assistant
General Internship Information
- Business Area: Sales
- Location: Shanghai
- Duration: 3 months - 12 months
- Allowance: 0.00 CNY
- Other benefits:
- Reference: 458
- Promoting outdoor products at Food & Beverage establishments
- Promoting outdoor products at outdoor designers and architects
- Conducting market research for new markets such as Japan/Korea/South-East Asia
- Preparing for and participating in trade fairs in June, August and December
- Performing administrative work such as data input, preparing mailing lists, etc.
- Fluent in English
- Flemish speaking / Belgian nationality a plus
- Basic Chinese skills are a plus
- Commercial and professional attitude
- Able to sell added value
- Ability to retain basic technical information
- As the Shanghai office is still starting up, you will be working in a relatively small office space. The office is located in a new, luxurious business center on one of the busiest streets of the former French Concession. Currently, there are only two employees at the Shanghai office, but the company is very focused and aiming at growth.
- There are hiring opportunities at the end of the internship if both parties are satisfied. This could also be in one of the other offices around the world, as the company is expanding fast
- Before coming to Shanghai, a week of training at the Belgian Headquarters is preferred. The rest of the training will be performed after your arrival in Shanghai
- You will be spending around 70 percent of your time on sales activities, and around 30 percent on administrative tasks
- Sales trips could be part of your internship depending on performance and current sales activities
This is a family owned Belgian company with over 100 years of history. They are the European market leader in ventilation and sun protection products. They have over 500 employees with sales teams in most western European countries and has recently opened offices in Shanghai and Los Angeles.
The Shanghai office, opened in March 2013, aims at developing the Asian markets. Their main strength for these new markets, with huge potential, is the added value that they offer in terms of quality, innovation, project based solutions and general technical and commercial support.