General Internship Information
- Business Area: Translation
- Emplacement: Beijing
- Duration: 3 months - 6 months
- Allowance: 3,000.00 CNY
- Other benefits:
- Reference: 1209
- Technical translation, Italian, Spanish, French and German
- Translation project coordination (we might assign you a client so you can handle the entire translation cycle),
- Proofreading and QA check with includes QA-ing not only the texts in your language,
- Maintenance of translation memories,
- Implementation of automated translation into the business (optional)
What we offer:
- Calm working ambiance in a Chinese-speaking environment,
- Insight into the translation business,
- Cozy office in the center of Beijing,
- The possibility of a long-term cooperation: we can keep you in Beijing or bring you to the main office in Hong Kong later on or you may become our external translator.
The intern must:
- Have studied either translations or other technical degree at the university level,
- Be a Spanish/French/Italian/German native speaker,
- Able to translate from English and/or German to their native language.
Brilliant if the intern:
- Has had experience as a translator
- Is familiar with the CAT tools, especially SDL Trados,
- Can handle Adobe InDesign CC at least at the elementary level.
* If a French speaker, then the priority is given to French speakers who can translate from the German language to French.
Students with technical background but no translation experience also considered if their native language is Italian, Spanish, French or German.
About ourselves, we are a Hong Kongese company with a smaller office here in Beijing. We take care of brand management and technical documentation of our clients' products, among which we have one of the top companies around the globe. We don't make products, but we do everything around the clients' products - packaging, videos, instruction manuals, and so on.
From Beijing, we are running the Translation Department + we have a small typesetting/designing team and we are hoping to add some great linguistic talent provided by Hutong School in the near future.