General Internship Information
- Business Area: Marketing
- Emplacement: Beijing
- Duration: 3 months - 6 months
- Allowance: 0.00 CNY
- Other benefits:
- Reference: 753
This company has developed a multipurpose space open to public bookings in central Beijing. The courtyard also serves as the office space for the company. The marketing and promotion of the space and the company will be done through holding and hosting events in the multipurpose space.
The Marketing Intern will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Responsible for setting up a platform to accept bookings. Determine what is the best way for people to sign up. Must have bilingual interface.
- Responsible for booking and maintaining a full schedule of events for the Breathing Space, for finding interesting events to host at the Breathing Space or to partner with other organizations to host events
- Manage and set up events with different organizations and liaising with them
- Manage and coordinate with the events on the night they occur
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of the people attending the event and the level of safety of the event (too many people/type of activity)
- Responsible for coming up with new ideas to market the Breathing Space
- Responsible for marketing each event through social media and other online media by writing articles/posting on:
o Western media (facebook/Instagram/The Beijinger/etc…)
o Chinese media (微博/微信)
- Take on marketing projects to improve the branding of the company through traditional or online media
- Fluent in English
- Minimum conversational Chinese
- Additional languages are a plus
- Works independently and is organized and can meet deadlines
- Be able to use a computer well and familiar with Facebook and Instagram
- Come up with creative marketing ideas
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Perseverance and grit
- Understanding of Western & Chinese business practices and cultures
- Energy to succeed
What you’ll gain by working with this company:
- Understanding of Chinese business culture through working with different partners
- Project management skills
- Understanding the expatriate market and Chinese market in Beijing
- Formal coaching and mentoring
- Working in a really fun, high achieving environment
HOW IT STARTED:
Liam, Swiss national and founder, was living in Beijing when his fiancée, Jess, decided to move from Canada so they could be together. Within a week Jess developed asthma, which she had experienced when she was a child but left behind twenty years ago. If they were going to continue to live in Beijing, something had to change.
The goal: to create a system that would provide a clean environment for truly healthy living, wherever you live.
Liam had high standards: if they were to keep living in China, the air in their apartment must be as clean as the air in his home in Switzerland. So, he has found the best filter technology from Switzerland and brought it to China with the confidence and knowledge that it will provide excellent air filtration for their home.
Liam and Jess realized that education and information are the only things that will help change people’s lifestyle. That is why right now, they are working on smart technologies for homes and business to help people manage their health and well being.
Open and available information and education are integral to improving the health and well being. Working for a startup is a lot of fun and a lot of work. Each day is a new challenge and we thrive in it. You discover yourself and who you are in a fast paced exciting environment and life is better when you know your team will succeed because of the work you’ve done. Life is waiting for you to take it by the horns.