Business Development Internship
General Internship Information
- Business Area: Marketing
- Emplacement: Beijing
- Duration: 3 months - 6 months
- Allowance: 1,500.00 CNY
- Other benefits:
- Reference: 881
- Research the Chinese market and determine appropriate corporate clients
- Contact target clients and arrange for sales team to go do demos and pitches
- Coordinate and arrange sales expeditions to different regions of China
- Research the Indian market and answer specific questions related to market entry
- Participate in brainstorming and discussions on business development and market entry.
- Fluent in English
- Works independently and is organized and can meet deadlines
- Understand the basics of writing for social media and new digital media
- Understand how to conduct tests and research using the scientific method
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Perseverance and grit
- Energy to succeed
- Chinese speaking and writing capability is a plus
- Understanding of basic business practices
What you’ll gain by working with this company:
- Get to participate in brainstorming bashes for corporate sales strategy
- Work with a diverse team in both Chinese and English
- Join in on team lunches and team building activities
- Have fun and learn about business development and product launches
HOW IT STARTED:
Liam, Swiss national and founder, was living in Beijing when his fiancée, Jess, decided to move from Canada so they could be together. Within a week Jess developed asthma, which she had experienced when she was a child but left behind twenty years ago. If they were going to continue to live in Beijing, something had to change.
The goal: to create a system that would provide a clean environment for truly healthy living, wherever you live.
Liam had high standards: if they were to keep living in China, the air in their apartment must be as clean as the air in his home in Switzerland. So, he has found the best filter technology from Switzerland and brought it to China with the confidence and knowledge that it will provide excellent air filtration for their home.
Liam and Jess realized that education and information are the only things that will help change people’s lifestyle. That is why right now, they are working on smart technologies for homes and business to help people manage their health and well being.
Open and available information and education are integral to improving the health and well being. Working for a startup is a lot of fun and a lot of work. Each day is a new challenge and we thrive in it. You discover yourself and who you are in a fast paced exciting environment and life is better when you know your team will succeed because of the work you’ve done. Life is waiting for you to take it by the horns.