You will assist designers in preparing presentations, material boards and model making. Other tasks include computer aided drafting, construction site visits, vetting vendors and suppliers for material selection. Depending on skill level and language proficiency, the intern will aid designer in concept + schematic design and construction detailing.
Depending on the intern’s development and previous experience, the following tasks will be assigned:
- the intern’s construction site visits will be supervised and will involve explanations of construction techniques, details and material usage
- the interns will be invited to meetings with clients, vendors and other professions that a design firm frequently comes into contact with
- the interns will be actively involved in the design process.
- 2nd or 3rd year students in architecture and interior design preferred (art, art history and industrial design students also welcome)
- Familiarity with Autocad is a must
- 3d modelling software knowledge (such as Sketchup, 3d max, Rhino…) highly preferred
- Adobe CS suite of programs (such as photoshop, illustrator, indesign…) is a big plus
- Mandarin speaking ability is necessary to get the most out of this internship even though interns will be supervised by an English speaking expat team leader
The longer the internship, the more the intern will be able to handle projects from A to Z, and the more he will be able to participate in projects outside of Shanghai.
If both parties are satisfied there is an hiring opportunity afterwards.
Focusing on commercial and public interiors, this company is a boutique design firm with a wide range of projects across China.