Community Manager Assistant Intern
Chapter and Teams management
- Working directly with the Chief of Staff and core executive team (HQ) on Chapter and Team strategy;
- Acting as the HQ point person for all Chapters and Teams, leading communications and responding to inquiries and requests;
- Advising Wokai’s established Chapters on HQ expectations, strategy and events;
- Attending Beijing Chapter meetings and events;
- Helping critique and develop our volunteer advocate platform so that it provides greater support. In particular, with fundraising and awareness activities;
- Creating new materials and resources to inspire and support our advocates;
- Sending out regular emails/videos communicating goals, successes, and inspiration;
- Coordinating and implementing Wokai’s social media across Facebook and Twitter;
- Presentations at third party events (e.g. schools, local recruitment events);
- Screening English translation applicants and monitoring English translation quality;
Online Marketing & Customer Services
- Working on English language social media efforts and answering English customer service emails;
- University graduate
- Native English speaker
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills;
- An enthusiastic, positive and flexible attitude and a thoughtful, considerate demeanor;
- Experience in public relations, sales and customer service;
- Experience in working with people from different cultures;
- Fast learner who can quickly grasp new concept, who is a rational thinking and has a strong sense of business, economics, marketing.
- Must be passionate about the organization’s model and mission.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with volunteer or team management
- Knowledge of basic Mandarin Chinese
- Social media and marketing experience
- Experience with html, java, InDesign/Photoshop
This organization is looking for a self-starter up for a challenge. Since it is growing rapidly, challenges and opportunities abound. They are looking for someone who enjoys working in open-ended/dynamic situations and constantly learning.
They are the first microfinance platform dedicated to alleviating poverty by connecting donors to rural entrepreneurs in China. Since their website launch in November 2008, they have raised over US$300,000 in loan capital, attracted 5,600 users, and empowered 340 borrowers. They've been featured in CNN, Time, MSNBC, CNBC, Newsweek, CCTV, Phoenix TV, 三联生活周刊, and Bloomberg.